Submissions are reviewed by three renowned experts as well as an editorial board consisting of Korean and foreign linguists.
- •The journal publishes three issues per year. Submitted papers to the first and third issues may be in English or Korean. All papers submitted to the second issue will be in English.
- •Submitted manuscripts must have a focus on linguistics and language education (theory and practice).
- •Please submit the article as a MS-word file within the range of 15~25 pages.
- •Each manuscript should include an abstract of about 150 words and approximately 5 Keywords. The abstracts of the papers in this journal are regularly printed in Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts.
- •All illustrative material should be numbered consecutively. Tables, charts, and complex diagrams should be in their final forms.
- •All Korean data should be Romanize according to the Yale System.
- •Representation of references in the text should conform to the format in the following examples (Korean names should be represented by the last name together with the initials of the first names, e.g., H-h Lee for Hyeon-hie Lee, and J HS Yoon for James Hye Suk Yoon):
As can be seen in (1), English stress is sensitive to syllable weight. With the generalization in (1) as a basis, I review works by Halle and Vergnaud (1987), Halle (1998), and K-S Kim (1999).
He stated, "The 'placebo effect' disappeared ... when behavior was studied in this manner" (Smith 1982: 276).
- •Bibliographical references at the end of each paper should conform to the format in the following examples:
- Anderson, Stephen R. and Paul Kiparsky, eds. (1973). A Festschrift for Morris Halle. Holt, Rinehart & Winston.
- Keenan, Edward L. (1985). Passive in the world languages. In Timothy Shopen, ed.,Language Typology and Syntactic Description I, 243-281. Cambridge University Press.
- Lee, Chungmin. (1973). Abstract Syntax and Korean with Reference to English. Bumhan Book.
- McCawley, James D. (1973). On identifying the remains of deceased clauses. Language Research 9.2, 73-83.
- •On the last page of the manuscript (behind the bibliography page), the author should provide their name, affiliation, address, and email address.
- •We cordially ask the corresponding author of each paper to pay the processing fee to cover parts of the publication expenses at Language Research if their article has been accepted. (Effective since Vol. 50, issue number 2.)
1. Article examination fee: Free
2. Article publication fee after acceptance:
- For research funded by a research grant: 200,000 won (USD 200)
- For research that is NOT funded by a research grant: 100,000 won (USD 100)
- •Publication fee
- - 100,000 won
- - 300,000 won (for research grant papers)
- •Please send your manuscripts to either of the following:
- - Seohee Son(Editor of Laguage Research) - Language Education Research Center, Language Education Institute, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08826, Korea - (Language Education Research Center Homepage: https://lei.snu.ac.kr) - (Language Research Homepage: https://www.elanguageresearch.org/) - (+82)-2-880-5485
|Submission Language||Submission Field||Manuscript Deadline||Publication Date|
|Issue #1||English/Korean||Linguistics and Language Education||February 28||April 30|
|Issue #2||English||Linguistics and Language Education||June 30||August 31|
|Issue #3||English/Korean||Linguistics and Language Education||October 31||December 31|