1. Admission Process
Letter of admission
- We KLEC only provides the letter of admission for D-4 visa. If you only plan to study for one session, you must either have a valid visa or be able to stay in Korea for less than 90 days without a visa.
- Regular program morning class application may close in advance if there are too many applicants. In that case, students can only take the afternoon class.
A high school diploma or equivalent
1. Application form
※ may apply online. Please click the “Online application” icon.
2. Statement of purpose
It should include reasons for application and plans after completion of the course in detail. Must be written in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese, A4 size 1 page, free format.
3. Resume or curriculum vitae
It should include the applicant’s academic background and other achievements in brief. Must be written in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese, A4 size 1 page, free format.
4. 1) Scanned version of official certificate of graduation from the most recent school attended (in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese. If the document is in another language, translate and submit with scanned version of official certificate of graduation.)
2) Scanned version of official academic transcript from the most recent school attended (in Korean, English, Chinese or Japanese. If the document is in another language, translate and submit with scanned version of official academic transcript.)
* Documents required for Chinese students (excluding students from Taiwan and Hong Kong)
(1) Scanned version of official certificate of graduation from the most recent school attended
(2) Scanned version of official academic transcript from the most recent school attended
(3) Verification of certificate of graduation: Attached after downloading the online version of Ministry of Education verification report from Verification report website www.chsi.com.cn, www.cdgdc.edu.cn (High school certificate of graduation can only be verified by www.chsi.com.cn) or notarized at notary office and verified by a Korean Consulate.
(4) For High school expected graduates (not graduates) : Scanned version of official certificate of expected graduation and general examination verification report. General examination report should be verified by Verification report website www.chsi.com.cn, www.cdgdc.edu.cn or notarized at notary office and verified by a Korean Consulate.
* Students from the countries notified by the Minister of Justice (Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mongolia, Thailand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Peru) and students from the priority management countries (Guinea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Cameroon): Apostille of official academic transcript and certificate of graduation. If the country is not an Apostille member, then the documents should be verified by a Korean Consulate.
5. A copy of current passport (information page with a photo)
6. Application fee: KRW 60,000 (non-refundable)
7. Bank Statement (omittable if the student do not need D-4 visa)
① In the student’s name. If the bank statement is under parents’ name, please submit a certificate of family relationship.
② Above 10,000 USD, issued within 30 days
- 8Our institute do not handle business for the visa application (D-4).
Students must apply for a visa (C-3, D-4) at the Korean embassy or the immigration office by themselves.
9. A copy of insurance contract
You must sign up for insurance that provides coverage in Korea in case of accidents, before coming to Korea.
For those of you who have come to Korea without buying an insurance, our office can suggest insurance companies when you come to Korea.
A copy of insurance contract must be submitted by the first week of class. If it is not submitted, your registration may be cancelled.
※ All documents will not be returned.
How to Apply
Online Application : Students should do the online application after signing up. All the original documents should be scanned and uploaded.
2. Admission Procedure
- ①Candidates will be selected only after the required documents have been assessed. Applications received after the deadline will be considered only if vacancies remain and there is sufficient time for visa processing
- ②Accepted applicants will be individually notified of the screening results by e-mail two weeks after the application deadline. You can also confirm your application status by checking “My Page” menu.
- ③Successful applicants are required to pay the tuition fee by the payment deadline upon receiving the notification of acceptance.
- ④Applicants who require a letter of admission should contact the KLEC office in advance.
- ⑤Students must take a placement test to complete the admission procedure. Students with no prior knowledge of Korean will be automatically placed in level 1.