Smart Korean Course is a year-round program for those who are looking for a short term Korean learning course. Through this intensive course, students can accomplish Korean language ability in a short period of time.
The course consists of five sessions a year. Students may choose their desired sessions to begin their studies. The students will be placed in different classes based on their Korean level from 1 to 6.
1. Academic Schedule
* 드래그하여 확인하세요.
|Course Duration||Application Deadline||Online Placement Test||Notification of Acceptance||Registration Deadline|
|2020||August 10 ~ September 25||June 8||June 9 ~ 14||June 22||June 28|
|September 28 ~ November 6||July 27||July 28 ~ August 2||August 10||August 16|
|November 11 ~ December 29||September 9||September 10 ~ 15||September 23||September 29|
|2021||January 4 ~ February 19||November 2
|November 3 ~ 8
※2020 August course is only available to level 1 and 2 learners.
※The academic schedule is subject to change due to the circumstance of SNU LEI.
2. Course Description
- (1)Each session consists of 8 weeks, 200 hours of classes.
- (2)Classes are held for five hours a day from Monday to Friday.
- ①Classes are held for six hours a day from Monday to Friday. (In case of *7weeks course)
- (3)The classes run from 9:30 AM to 3:20 PM.
- ①The classes run from 9:30 AM to 4:20 PM. (Four hours on 7th week in case of *7weeks course,)
- (4)Each class consists of approximately 15 students.
- (5)Students can participate in various cultural and special activities.
(In case of cultural and special activities, classes may end at different time from regular class hours.)
수업편성 Period 1 09:30 ~ 10:20 Period 2 10:30 ~ 11:20 Period 3 11:30 ~ 12:20 Lunch Break 12:20 ~ 13:30 Period 4 13:30 ~ 14:20 Period 5 14:30 ~ 15:20
3. Cultural Activities
- -Students can understand Korean culture through various cultural opportunities along with Korean language classes from Smart Korean course.
- Students learn Taekwondo, a Korean traditional martial art.
- (2)Korean traditional percussion quartet (Samulnori)
- Students learn Korean traditional music from specialists.
- (3)Korean paper art
- Korean paper art is a type of traditional art which creates patterns on Korean paper using natural pigments. Students design their own patterns.
- (4)Korean cooking class
- Students learn how to cook Korean cuisine such as Bulgogi and Bibimbap.
- (5)A field trip to the DMZ
- Students learn about the tragic division of the Korean peninsula and North-South relationship. (This activity may change)