Grades are determined based on the scores of final examinations, class participation and assignments.
- (1)The Breakdown of the Grade per Language Skill
영역별 비율 Listening Speaking Reading Writing Total 20% 30% 20% 30% 100%
학점 A B C D F FA 90~100 80~89 70~79 60~69 Failure Failure on Attendance
- (1)Classes begin at the top of the hour, and tardies and absences are strictly monitored. Four tardies and three hours of absences each result in a day of absence.
- (2)In the cases below, students must submit proof of attendance in order for the absence not to be counted towards the number of hours of instruction required for completion of programs
- ①Tardiness or absence due to official academic schedules (classes, seminars, conferences, business trips)
- ②Hospitalization of the student.
- ③Early dismissal due to religious ceremonies.
※Students who are absent due to the above reasons are ineligible for a certificate of perfect attendance.
3. Level Completion, Course Completion, and Honors
- (1)Students must attend at least 80% of the total class hours and receive an average grade of at least 60% to complete a level.
- (2)Students who complete the Online 3-Week Intensive Program are awarded a certificate of course completion.
- (3)Students who receive an average grade of 90% or higher are given the award of excellence.
- (4)Students without a record of tardiness and absences are given the award of perfect attendance.
4. Failure and Re-registration
- (1)Students whose average grade is below 60%(Failure (F)) or attendance rate is 70% or above, but below 80%(Failure on Attendance (FA)) may not complete the level in question and will only receive a transcript.
- (2)Students who are suspected of enrolling in a course for purposes other than to study Korean, or those who disrupt the class atmosphere cannot re-register.
5. Credit Transfer
- Credits cannot be transferred from the Language Educational Center to regular, credit-based SNU courses, but they may be transferred to most universities outside of Korea (students will need to contact their respective schools in advance for verification whether credits can be transferred from the KLCP to the corresponding university). A course in one session is equivalent to a 3-credit unit course of university. Upon request, the KLCP will issue an official transcript to any organization designated by the student.
6. Miscellaneous Matters
- (1)The KLEC may cancel the registration of students who misbehave or disturb the class environment or other students at any time.